Journey to Raw

Monday, June 27, 2005

Day 10 - Matt

As of today I've completed one full week of eating raw food, and am into my second week.

These are my stats currently:

Weight: 220.5 lbs
Gain/Loss: -7 lbs

The last week started out with the diet being fairly hard for me. I was really craving cooked food (pizza, pasta, chips). However, after about 36-48 hours of being raw the cravings got to a totally managable level and for the rest of the time it's been easy to stay raw.

We've experimented with a lot of different foods this week. We found a GREAT recipe for "ranch dip" in one of our raw books ("The Complete Book of Raw Food"). We've made several variations on the recipe and all of them are really good. I can eat an entire Cauliflower or bag of carrots with this dip it's so good.

I also finally was able to make some mexican style food. I made a refried bean paste from sprouted chick peas, a cheddar style spread from red pepper and nuts, and added avocados, onions, tomatoes and hot sauce (my only non raw food for the week) on to a big lettuce leaf. It was good. Not quite as good as I remember it being on a tortilla, but it sure tasted good, and was a lot more healthy.

I also went out to eat this week. I met a friend for lunch and just ordered a big salad. It went fine. I stayed raw without any trouble.

The first few days I seemed to lose weight really fast. I think the first few pounds were the easiest because those were the ones that were put on most recently. It seems that my average weight over the last coulpe years has hovered around 220, so it makes sense that I'll hang out here for a few days. Sure enough, when I hit 220 I've stayed there for the last 3 days. I'm sure more weight will come off in in time - but it feels great to have lost 7 lbs already, in 9 days. At one point I had hit 219.5, but went back up to 220.5.

I plan to stay raw this entire week, it should be easy now that I have a few "favorite" things to eat that happen to be raw. It makes it a LOT easier once you get the feel of raw cooking and find a few things that you really enjoy eating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home