Journey to Raw

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Matt - Day 15

Greetings again everyone. Today is my 15th day raw.

I'm going to post some pictures a little later but wanted to give you an update as to my progress.

Weight: 218.0 lbs
Gain/Loss: -9.5 lbs

I am feeling pretty good. Last night we made a raw crab recipe and both Samantha and I ate a LOT of it. Afterwards I felt really sick to my stomach. I thinkt it's because we didn't soak the almonds and so we were eating a lot of raw nuts - which are harder to digest. I woke up this morning feeling normal.

I can't say I've noticed many other benefits of being raw. I am sure that my blood pressure and cholesterol are much lower since going raw, but I haven't had either of those checked since I started. Other than that the main benefit for me seems to be the weight loss. I hope this continues into the next few weeks.

Samantha and I have been talking about how or if we will continue this kind of diet for the rest of our lives. Both of us are convinced that it's a very healthy way to eat, but it is more difficult than going to the grocery store and buying pre-prepared and processed foods.

We've decided that we are not going to modify our diet at all until at the earliest 30 days of being raw. At that point we're going to reevaluate and see if we want to add any cooked foods back into our diet. One thing that we miss currently is having bread - we haven't yet found any replacements that we like. No matter what we do we are going to remain Vegans, and keep the majority of our diet raw. As a matter of fact, it's easier and faster to eat raw - just grab something and go. Even easier than going to the grocery store because you don't have to even microwave anything. However, there are times that we miss having a warm soup, or veggies on a slice of bread. I think the key (if we were to not remain 100%) would be to integrate small ammounts of these things into our diet again, but remain over 90% raw. We'll see what happens after the 30 days. I might continue doing 100% raw until I get to a more healthy weight.

We just got our juicer today so we'll be trying out juices, nut butters, and things like that in the upcoming week. I am looking forward to trying some things out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home