Journey to Raw

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Matt - Day 29

Almost done with my 30 day challenge!

Weight: 211.5
Gain/Loss: -16 lbs

Today we took some pictures. Hopefully I can get them posted soon. I'm actually anxious to see how much of a difference there is.

We had a RAW food potluck today in our apartment. I should post the pictures from that as well. There were 7 of us altogether that came. The dishes that we had were as follows:

Ranch Dip with Veggies
Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
Gazpacho
Pasta with Marinara Sauce
Nut Loaf (Meatloaf)
Banana Ice Cream

Everyone really enjoyed everything and I even took some down for Meesh to try. He really liked everything as well - I was suprised. I'm amazed at how people really like the ranch dressing too. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that thinks it's insanely good.

We're going to stay 100% raw for a few extra days since our houseguest Candice is just starting RAW and we want to be sure that she has support her first week. After that we are going to incorporate some whole grain bread (homemade only), rice, and beans into our diet. We will only eat these for our lunch meal. We're going to continue being mostly raw, and remain vegan. We'll see how that goes.

I'm glad to see that I've lost quite a bit of weight. I do weigh myself every day, but I've noticed that I lose a couple pounds, then I gain back a pound or two and stay there for a few days before losing again. This week I was hanging around 213 for like 5 days before I finally broke through that level. On Sunday I'll probably be back to 212 for a day or two. I can't wait until I break the 208 level. That was how much I weighed my senior year in college in 2001. Then the next target is to break 200. Then the next major one will be 185 which is the lowest I ever weighed in college.

I had a community member in the cafe ask me if I was losing weight and tell me that I looked good! I was really happy about that because it's hard for me to tell sometimes that I'm losing weight. I do feel a little lighter, but it's hard to notice sometimes. Anyway - that made me feel good.

That's all for now. More later (and hopefully some pictures too!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home